Unable to upload image

1. last year

When trying to upload a windows 10 image I am getting "Unable to shrink image. Shrinking NTFS volume on /dev/sda2/ failed. Run chkdsk /f." I was able to successfully upload a windows 7 image without any issue so I dont believe its the configuration on the server end.

So far I have gotten this error on two different hard drives, one that I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and one right out of the box that I installed 10 straight onto. I am getting the same error on both of these hard drives. I have ran "chkdsk /f" multiple times on both drives, restarted twice and verified that windows is not seeing any errors.

When I try to upload without shrinking the drive I get this error:

** Starting Image Upload For /dev/sda2 ** ...... partition_number: 2 filesystem_type: ntfs ** Clearing Mounted Devices On /dev/sda2 ** reged version 0.1 140201, (c) Petter N Hagen Simple registry editor. ? for help. > \MountedDevices> \MountedDevices> Hives that have changed: # Name 0 </mnt/ntfs/Windows/System32/config/SYSTEM> Commit changes to registry? (y/n) [n] : 0 </mnt/ntfs/Windows/System32/config/SYSTEM> - OK ...... Complete ...... Complete ...... cd_reporter 1 partclone & partclone.ntfs -B -c -s /dev/sda2 | lz4 -1 -c > /storage/images/Win_10_64/hd0/part2.ntfs.lz4 Partclone v0.2.88 http://partclone.org Starting to clone device (/dev/sda2) to image (-) Reading Super Block ntfsclone-ng.c: NTFS Volume '/dev/sda2' is scheduled for a check or it was shutdown uncleanly. Please boot Windows or fix it by fsck. ** Checking For Partition Table Types Before Upload On /dev/sdb ** ...... gpt_status: not present mbr_status: ** Saving MBR / GPT On /dev/sdb ** ...... drive: checkPartStart: 2048 toSave: 2047 2047+0 records in 2047+0 records out 1048064 bytes (1.0 MB) copied, 0.0190881 s, 54.9 MB/s ...... Success

There is no check scheduled that I can find and I shut it down cleanly.

This is typically because some type of hibernation or fast startup is enabled and the system isn't really shut down. Enter the following in a Windows cmd prompt and try the upload again

powercfg.exe /H off
  2. clonedeploy

26 Jul 2016 Administrator Answer

This is typically because some type of hibernation or fast startup is enabled and the system isn't really shut down. Enter the following in a Windows cmd prompt and try the upload again

powercfg.exe /H off

or Sign Up to reply!