USB boot not working anymore?

1. 2 years ago

The USB that I was using to boot clonedeploy bugged out and kept asking for format. So, I've decided to create new USB for it.
    I've downloaded the 1.0.1 ISO extracted and followed the instructions like before.. however, when i'd boot EFI: USB. It'd say some Secure Boot Violation now. Did the ISO for bootable clonedeploy change recent? It never said this before and I think when I've downloaded a while back. It'd say something like CrucibleWDS iso.

I'm using 1.0.1 clonedeploy at the moment as it was doing its job perfectly until recently.

Thanks.

I've figured out my problem lol. The procedure I've used was different.

I've used a program called Rufus to make it a bootable usb >
    By default it would make my usb's filesystem ExFat
    I changed it to Fat32 and it allowed me to choose the ISO and mount it.
    Which renames the usb to CrucibleWDS hence why I remembered it.
    Then Merge the files.

My bad. Sorry!

2. clonedeploy

29 Jul 2016 Administrator

The iso has not changed. Is this the same model machine it was previously working on or different? Secure boot may not work with all computers, you can disable secure boot in the bios.

3. Edited 2 years ago by donnyn

odd. yeah it's all the same model exact model. I've deployed over 15 computers with the same parts/model until the USB broke. First time seeing the secureboot detecting this, as I only changed the ISO used for the USB. haha the weird part is I've deployed to this computer once. I was just trying to upload a new updated image.

(New)I've disabled Secure boot now it says me to command like GNU Grub 2.02v beta or some sort.

4. I've figured out my problem lol. The procedure I've used was different.

Then Merge the files.

My bad. Sorry!

5. 10 months ago
    Edited 10 months ago by Hoomksfe

@donayn I've figured out my problem lol. The procedure I've used was different.

Then Merge the files.

Oh ,That reminds me of that " while the best and most efficient method is often scary for new users or those not familiar with drives and the terminal " it is true,

or Sign Up to reply!