Install on Nginx

1. 2 years ago

Hi,

I'm interest in CloneDeploy, and would like to install it on my server.
    I'm seeing the installation is for Apache2.
    But I'm currently running Nginx.
    Is this do-able?

Thanks.

2. clonedeploy

24 Aug 2016 Administrator

It is far more complicated than Apache and I've had mixed results with mono and nginx. I would recommend you just setup apache to run on a different port.

3. I'd setup a few web servers running on Nginx fine.
    If you can tell me how to avoid or remove Apache2 prior to the installation, and some guidelines, I may get it to work.

4. clonedeploy

The issue is mono and nginx together. Here is all I can give you from an old template when clonedeploy was called cruciblewds. I used for installing on open media vault with nginx. The 2 files you download will need updated.
    wget "http://docs.cruciblewds.org/omv/cwds" wget "http://docs.cruciblewds.org/omv/cwds.conf" cp cwds.conf /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d/ cp cwds /etc/init.d/ chmod +x /etc/init.d/cwds echo "fastcgi_param PATH_INFO \"\";" >> /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params echo "fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME \$document_root\$fastcgi_script_name;" >> /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params service nginx restart service cwds start update-rc.d cwds defaults

5. Edited 2 years ago by techworld

I'm currently using OpenMediaVault.
    Do you have a better Nginx config ?

6. clonedeploy

You will also need to install mono-fastcgi-server4

Good luck, i'm afraid I can't really give you much other than that. I know other user's have just installed apache on OMV and ran it on a different port.

7. Edited 2 years ago by techworld

Ok, I don't know how to redirect the Apache2 port, so it doesn't conflict with my Nginx.
    Thanks for the help.

8. clonedeploy

In the apache config file there is a line says listen 80, just needs changed to something else.

9. It tried that with FOG project, and it screw my OMV.
    I had to restored it.
    I'm going to ask the OMV users regarding about this.

10. clonedeploy

Sounds good, i'm guessing a php version incompatibility with Fog and OMV is what caused your issue.

11. My system is running php 5.4, would that work with CD?
    OMV3 is running php5.5 +.

12. clonedeploy

CD does not use php. I'm would seek advice from OMV users, I have only ever used it once.

13. Edited 2 years ago by techworld

Assume I don't get any help from the OMV users, will Ubuntu installation guide work on OMV?

14. clonedeploy

25 Aug 2016 Administrator

It should but you would skip samba smb setup, you would use omv functionality to handle that.

15. Edited 2 years ago by techworld

Hi,
    An OMV user recommended me to install the Apache2, then change the apache's port to make it work.
    According to the installation guide, does TFTP required to be install too?

Edit /etc/apache2/ports.conf to Listen on your desired ports. I used 8080 and 8443 for testing to keep OMV on 80 and 443.

Then it's just a matter of creating your Virtual Host's {site}.conf in /etc/apache2/sites-available with the appropriate ports.

By the way, the web.config path should be: /var/www/html/clonedeploy/web/web.config

I installed CloneDeploy today, but got errors.

ERROR: Site clonedeploy does not exist!
    apache2: Syntax error on line 244 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/mod_mono.load: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_mono.so into server: /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_mono.so: undefined symbol: ap_unixd_config
    Action 'configtest' failed.
    The Apache error log may have more information.
     failed!
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    tftpd-hpa is already the newest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
    Restarting HPA's tftpd: in.tftpd.
    apache2: Syntax error on line 244 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/mod_mono.load: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_mono.so into server: /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_mono.so: undefined symbol: ap_unixd_config
    Action 'configtest' failed.
    The Apache error log may have more information.
     failed!

/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/mod_mono.load;
    Line 1

LoadModule mono_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_mono.so

Line 244:

LogLevel warn

# Include module configuration:
    Include mods-enabled/*.load
    Include mods-enabled/*.conf

# Include list of ports to listen on and which to use for name based vhosts
    Include ports.conf

#
    # The following directives define some format nicknames for use with
    # a CustomLog directive (see below).
    # If you are behind a reverse proxy, you might want to change %h into %{X-Forwarded-For}i
    #
    LogFormat "%v:%p %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %O \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" vhost_combined
    LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %O \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined
    LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %O" common
    LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
    LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent
  16. clonedeploy

31 Aug 2016 Administrator

My bad, OMV is based on Debian, so the install is not the same as it would be on Ubuntu. Again, I don't use debian and can't really offer any advice.

or Sign Up to reply!