USB harddrive takes priority

1. last year

Hello,
    I don't know if this is a bug or simply unavoidable.
    I have a USB 3 512 GB SSD that I use for certain tools. As I was running a test with deployment, I forgot to remove it from the computer I was deploying to. When the deployment was finished it turned out that it had overwritten my USB drive instead of the internal drive.
    Since the internal drive is a 256 GB NVME I am thinking that it simply chose the larger drive or first in boot order maybe?.
    Is it possible to make CD chose internal drives as first priority as I imagine that accidents could happen? I also wonder if you deploy a CloneDeploy image from USB would it overwrite the CD USB too?

Sorry if I am being unclear.

2. clonedeploy

1 Sep 2016 Administrator

There is no rule as to what drive is picked first. It's just whatever was listed first in lsblk.

This is something I have already planned to fix in the next release. I am going to completely ignore usb drives. This didn't used to be a problem with the older kernels as they didn't find usb devices. Something must have changed in the 4.5 kernel config that is now causing the drives to show up.

or Sign Up to reply!