Error determining HD size

1. 2 years ago

I decided to update my server to the latest release and i am getting errors trying to image. Basically it just keeps saying "Unknown error Occurred while determining minimum HD size required". I have tried a few different types of machines new and old and get the same error. Any idea?

Your problem is that you created your NBI from sierra. I have not added support yet. Apple changed the outputs on Sierra for diskutil, which drives me mad. This should stay the same b/w versions or else scripting will break, as is the case here. If you want to deploy sierra I believe you could do it, but you must use an el cap nbi. Although I haven't tested deploying sierra with el cap nbi.

I wanted to get sierra nbi support in 1.2.0 but I discovered a bug with Sierra that is preventing the image from saving to smb share correctly. I have since opened a case with Apple and am waiting for a resolution.

2. Also for what it's worth, on the client i see 4 lines with the error "parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 1, column 30" when trying to image.

3. clonedeploy

16 Nov 2016 Administrator

Can you attach the schema? I don't think any of that should have changed with 1.2.

4. Sure, here you go. Thanks!

5. clonedeploy

It must be something with the client side scripts. There were a lot of changes with the macos environment to try and get fusion drives working. The schema passes all server side tests and results in a valid partition layout being created. Lets move to the client side.

Deploy log?

6. Where is the deploy log located?

7. clonedeploy

If it's registered
    computers->search->view->logs

If on demand
    admin->Logs->select on demand from drop down

8. Ok here is the ondemand log from when my deployment guy pushed it up.

9. clonedeploy

16 Nov 2016 Administrator Answer

Your problem is that you created your NBI from sierra. I have not added support yet. Apple changed the outputs on Sierra for diskutil, which drives me mad. This should stay the same b/w versions or else scripting will break, as is the case here. If you want to deploy sierra I believe you could do it, but you must use an el cap nbi. Although I haven't tested deploying sierra with el cap nbi.

I wanted to get sierra nbi support in 1.2.0 but I discovered a bug with Sierra that is preventing the image from saving to smb share correctly. I have since opened a case with Apple and am waiting for a resolution.

10. Ah ok cool. Thanks for the info, i'll make a 10.11 nbi. Thanks!

or Sign Up to reply!