I am testing a new installation of CloneDeploy under Ubuntu 16.04LTS. I have installed it using the tutorial, but changing some environment variables.
I am still testing with USB Boot Method and I choose Winpe as environment (I didn't read enough and I thought it was the way to be for imaging Linux; now I know I can use Linux).
That was my first testing settings, which ends in different errors.
It seems that my $image_name and my $compression_algorithm variables ended with "\r", so some commands fails. (Of course, I have to do a lot of debugging to get to this conclusion, since "\r" is not a visible character XD)
I have correct it changing line 52 in cd_global_functions:
for arg in "`parse_json "$checkInStatus" .TaskArguments`"; do case "$arg" in *=*) arg=$(echo $arg | sed -e 's/\r//g'); eval "$arg"; log "$arg"; esac; done
Now it works for me.
I think it is a problem with mono under apache generating unwanted "\r" in the web services response, but it is only an idea. I have not take a look to the server code.
I hope this can help others with a similar problem.