**Looking for Hard Drive(s) ** CD 1.2.0

1. ‹ Older
  2. last year
    Edited last year by howeluck

Same issue. Here's the results from the sgdisk:

EBR signature for logical partition invalid; read 0x0000, but should be 0xAA55. Error reading logical partitions! List may be truncated!

Found invalid GPT and valid MBR; converting MBR to GPT format in memory.

GPT data structures destroyed! You may now partition the disk using fdisk or other utilities.

3. clonedeploy

18 Jan 2017 Administrator Answer

Hmm, it still hangs?

Try a capital Z

sgdisk -Z /dev/sda
  4. That did it. Thank you!

5. clonedeploy

18 Jan 2017 Administrator

The partitions tables must have been really out of whack on that drive, just needed to clear them first. Hopefully I can get a patch for this soon.

6. Weird, now I'm getting "missing operating system" after the image is deployed.

7. clonedeploy

Something strange happening here. Can you attach the upload log for the image and the deploy log for this machine.

8. They are attached.

9. clonedeploy

I doubt this will work but in the image profile deploy options, check force dynamic partition for exact hdd match.

Your original image uses extended and logical partitions which unfortunately isn't very well supported on Windows with CloneDeploy.

10. That worked! Thanks for the quick responses!

11. Edited last year by pbpcservices

Hi, I am new here. I have the same problem; however it is with the upload. Any suggestion? I am using a Dell OptiPlex 7040, downgraded to Windows 7. I was able to upload and deploy a Windows 10 image without any issue. Please advise.

Thanks.

12. clonedeploy

Should be same solution, but make sure you use lowercase z or you will lose the partition tables.

sgdisk -z /dev/sda
  13. Thanks, I will try that and let you know.

14. Hi, I'm not a natural speaker so sorry for my english. I'm also having trouble uploading an Image. When I use the client console I can see the hard drive but clonedeploy hangs at "**Looking for Hard Drive(s) **". I already tried using "sgdisk -z /dev/sda" as well as "sgdisk -Z /dev/sda" but it still wont work. Do you have any suggestions what to try next?

15. clonedeploy

31 Jan 2017 Administrator

It's possible that /dev/sda isn't the name of your hard drive. Can you boot to the client console and run

fdisk -l

Let me know the output.

16. I am having an issue uploading an image. I am getting the same error.
    Where is the client console so that i can run "sgdisk -z /dev/sda"?

17. clonedeploy

2 Feb 2017 Administrator

It is available from the pxe boot menu when no task is active for that machine.

18. @clonedeploy It's possible that /dev/sda isn't the name of your hard drive. Can you boot to the client console and run

fdisk -l

Let me know the output.

My drive is showing as /dev/nvme0n1p1, /dev/nvme0n1p2, /dev/nvme0n1p3, /dev/nvme0n1p4. I have tried with the 4.10.1 kernel and no luck. Any ideas?

19. clonedeploy

20 Mar 2017 Administrator

@mattwildes
    What version are you running? This should be fixed as of 1.2.1.

20. @clonedeploy
    That fixed it! I was running 1.2.0. Thank you for everything!

21. 6 months ago

EBR signature for logical partition invalid; read 0x0000, but should be 0xAA55. Error reading logical partitions! List may be truncated !!!! how to use sgdisk to solve this problem

or Sign Up to reply!