Switching between ipxe and pxelinux

1. 7 months ago

I had a small problem when I changed the pxemode in the admin setting from previously ipxe to pxelinux (because I had some Dell servers that did not boot with ipxe).

I had permanent active tasks for some machines and had the pxe-files "mac.ipxe" for them.
    Then I switch to pxelinux.
    If I then go to "Computers" and select one of those machines and try to open the "Boot menu", the gui tries to find the pxe-config-file for the machines but now without the extension ".ipxe".

This file didn't exist and so it shows "Could Not Read File" (FileOps.cs )

To fix I had to recreate the permanent tasks.

2. clonedeploy

30 Jan 2017 Administrator

Thanks for the info, I'll see if there is another way I can handle this.

3. 4 weeks ago

Just as an update to this problem, I had the same now when switching to "Proxy DHCP".
    After the switch CD is searching under C:\Program Files (x86)\clonedeploy\tftpboot\proxy\bios\pxelinux.cfg\...
    for the active task file, but it is an permanent active task from before the change to Proxy-DHCP.

Maybe there could be a process that automatically recreates all active Tasks when switching (maybe with confirmation).

And many thanks, I see you are still working on 1.3 sending new commits :)

4. clonedeploy

Aug 28 Administrator

Thanks for reminding me of this. You are correct, I will create a process that recreates all permanent tasks when pxe mode modes are changed. I'm hoping to have a 1.3.0 beta out later this week, not sure if I'll get it in or not.

or Sign Up to reply!