I'm new to IT and I have a large quantity of computers waiting to be reinstalled. But I just can't seem to get clone deploy to work.
I will take you through the steps I did, maybe you can help me out.
What I have:
- One network with no subnets
- a Mikrotik router that is also the DHCP server
- Desktop computers with the ability to network boot.
- Windows server 2012 r2 installed virtually in hyper-v with clonedeploy installed
- all the machines are in the same subnet (because there is only one subnet)
What I did:
- I went through with the installation process, just clicking next until clonedeploy was installed. I also gave passowrds for the server and database.
- Restarted the server
- logged into clonedeploy and changed the password.
- in DHCP server made two rules (see in the attachment), first rule is for the server ip and the other one is pxeboot.0, as was told in the instructions
- logged into the clonedeploy web interface.
- added a computer, added an image, added a task to make the image and strated it. The mac address is correct I checked.
- Booted up my computer and started network boot (f12)
- The computer doesnt get the file.
I have tried windows deployment tools with PXE, that worked, but it was a pain in the butt to make actual images.
I did not change anything else, the setup stayed as it was. No configurations were changed.
What are some tools I can use to troubleshoot my problem?