CloneDeploy Boot CD/USB with missing menu items

1. last year

I'm starting using the clonedeploy migrating from a working crucible environment and I have several problems that I'm starting to investigate in the last few days.

The first problem is that in the menu of the bootable CD/USB the "Client Console" menu item is missing, I can see only the following items:

• Boot to local machine
    • Download image
    • Upload image
    • Add Computer
    • On Demand
    • Diagnostics

The very strange thing is that also the menu customization is not working, the resulting generation of the menu is completely ignored (I tried just to change the "Boot Menu" label to "Clonedeploy Boot Menu" for example).

This prevents me to debug also the other problems because I can't access the console to launch some commands from the deployed client machine.

The CD/USB has been created following the instructions and by copying the result of the "ISO/USB Generator" function into the ISO/USB image.

I've used the last version of clone deploy and installed it on a windows server 2012 R2 virtualized server.

Any suggestion?

thanks in advance
    Corrado

2. After some digging I found the problem, during the generation of the "ISO/USB Generator" the file isolinux.cfg has been generated without the line "LABEL Client Console".

By adding this configuration line everything's works like we expect.

3. clonedeploy

13 Feb 2017 Administrator

Thanks for the info, i'll get this fixed in the next patch

4. I also am missing the "client console" option but my isolinux.cfg already includes "LABEL Client Console"
    I need the client console in order to run sgdisk -z /dev/sda - because when I'm trying to upload it sits forever while looking for hard drive(s) fyi: The factory image was EFI / GPT and I rebuilt it with legacy bios / MBR.
    thanks in advance for any help

5. clonedeploy

14 Feb 2017 Administrator

I believe the issue is actually a missing label for Add Computer, that is causing the issue.

6. What can I do?? Can you send me a complete isolinux.cfg?

7. clonedeploy

14 Feb 2017 Administrator

You should some lines similar to this.

kernel /clonedeploy/4.9.8
    append initrd=/clonedeploy/initrd.xz root=/dev/ram0 rw ramdisk_size=156000  web=http://192.168.56.100/clonedeploy/service/client.asmx/ USER_TOKEN= task=register consoleblank=0 
    MENU LABEL Add Computer

It is missing the LABEL Add Computer right before it
    Should look like this

LABEL Add Computer
    kernel /clonedeploy/4.9.8
    append initrd=/clonedeploy/initrd.xz root=/dev/ram0 rw ramdisk_size=156000  web=http://192.168.56.100/clonedeploy/service/client.asmx/ USER_TOKEN= task=register consoleblank=0 
    MENU LABEL Add Computer
  8. you are awesome!

thanks!

9. clonedeploy

23 Feb 2017 Administrator

Fixed in the latest patch

or Sign Up to reply!