Can't Find Configuration File

1. last year

I can't seem to get the PXE boot to work. I've run through the instructions but maybe I'm missing something. When I go to pick a booting option I don't have a PXE option but the onboard NIC. When I choose that option I receive the below error.

PXELINUX 6.03 PXE 2014-10-06 Copyright (C) 1994-2014 H. Peter Anvin et al
    Unable to locate configuration file

My guess is a TFTP file not being where it's supposed to be. I'm not sure where the file is or where it's supposed to go. Any and all help is appreciated.

I didn't think that ! caused problems but maybe. Just change the mysql password and web.config file and try it.

2. clonedeploy

3 Mar 2017 Administrator

I'm guessing you installed on Linux. Verify the permissions were set properly on /tftpboot with
    chown -R www-data:www-data /tftpboot

Then in web ui ->Admin->Boot Menu->Create Boot Files

Finally check the exceptions log for any access denied errors ->Admin->Logs

3. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Yes, I'm running Ubuntu. Sorry I didn't specify that earlier.

I've run the "chown -R www-data:www-data /tftpboot" to make sure my permissions are set. This may sound a bit dumb but I'm not sure how to access the web ui for clonedeploy. I'm also not seeing any logs in the admin folder.

I also took a look in at tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg and there isn't anything in there either. Could that be a problem?

4. clonedeploy

3 Mar 2017 Administrator

That would explain it. If you never logged in to the web ui, then final configuration never happened. It also looks like I never added it to the ubuntu documentation, I only had it in the Windows docs. It's fixed, in the ubuntu documentation scroll to the bottom and follow the post install steps.

5. Now I'm getting another error.

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException
    Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I've taken a look around the forum to see if this problem has already been solved recently but that all appears to be for FreeNAS. I've also looked at my web.config file and it appears to have the correct password.

6. clonedeploy

3 Mar 2017 Administrator

Could be a special character issue. Did you use any of the following in the password. < > ” & ‘ $

7. Thank you for such speedy replies.

I am using a ! character. Should I reset the password to something else?

8. clonedeploy

3 Mar 2017 Administrator Answer

I didn't think that ! caused problems but maybe. Just change the mysql password and web.config file and try it.

or Sign Up to reply!