SMB Share on Macs

1. 3 months ago

Here's another issue. I can netboot into the nbi that I created. I log into CloneDeploy and start On Demand. It fails during the mounting of the smb share.
    Error: Could Not Mount SMB Share: mount_smbfs: server connection failed: No route to host

If I cancel the terminal windows and mount is using the gui (Go, Connect to Server) it mounts fine.
    If I open another terminal window and type the following, it also mounts fine (after entering the password).
    mkdir /Volumes/storage mount_smbfs //'WORKGROUP;cd_share_rw'@10.1.2.55/cd_share /Volumes/storage

2. clonedeploy

May 10 Administrator

In the clonedeploy ui ->admin->server-> is the server ip set correctly?

3. Yes. Also, the smb portion works fine from a PC over PXE boot during the CD workflow.

4. clonedeploy

May 12 Administrator

I haven't been able to replicate this with 10.11.6. After the mount fails, if you close the terminal, there is a log at /tmp/clientlog.log, can you attach it?

5. The log is attached.

6. 2 months ago

clonedeploy

May 23 Administrator

I was able to replicate this by using a password with a character that the macos environment didn't like. That might be your issue. But there is a bigger problem, you are trying to use sierra and I haven't added support for sierra yet. It's coming in 1.3.0.

or Sign Up to reply!