Deploy UEFI images

1. 2 months ago

Hello

I'm having issues with deploying WIM images captured by using winpe_efi. Everytime I deploy an image its says completed task and when it reboots,I get an message saying no operating system found. Any clues on what it could be? I'm trying to Deploy Windows 10 Enterpise v1703 with UEFI bios and GPT volumes. Any advice or settings I need to adjust would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sounds good. If you were using CloneDeploy Proxy DHCP, it would have automatically detected if the machine was efi or not and provided the correct winpe version. You may want to take a look at it.

2. clonedeploy

May 26 Administrator

Can you attach the deploy log?

3. I cant seem to find the logs for winpe.

4. clonedeploy

May 26 Administrator

If it's on demand, it's in admin->logs,
    if the computer is registered it's under that computer->logs

5. I'm checking the MAC addresses I don't see a log for it.

6. I'll try again on Monday and see if I can get a log. I uploaded the image yesterday 25th may no issues and then tested the deploy keeps failing. I don't see the date either in the logs the last date I have is on the 19th of may and that was a different model which worked well.

7. clonedeploy

May 26 Administrator

Are you running 1.2.1?

8. yes I recently updated a few days ago

9. I cant seem to find any logs for the laptop. I'm going to create a active task to deploy the image to the laptop and see if it will create a deploy log, and ill send it to you.

10. Ok I got the logs.

11. clonedeploy

Jun 1 Administrator

Looks like the same issue as here.
    https://forum.clonedeploy.org/405-unable-to-deploy-image

The fix is at the end of the post

12. Thanks will try it. Do I need to upload another image? or can I just try the deploy option?

13. fails instantly, after saying applying image reboots, and boots into winpe again. Would I need to download the new ADK for Windows 10 Enterprise v1703? Im still running the old pe for 14393?

14. Picture of Schema

15. clonedeploy

Jun 2 Administrator

It should be working after that patch, others have reported it fixed the issue with them. I would need another deploy log now that the patch has been applied.

16. Ok will get you one. I get as far as applying metadata and then when it boots no operating system found.

17. I think this laptop has a problem, it seems to be booting legacy mode but, I've enabled UEFI boot but there's no option to disable legacy mode in BIOS it seems to be a hybrid. Over the weekend I setup a virtual lab in Hyper V and had no issues with deploying Windows 10 on virtual machines.

18. Had to change PXE to winpe_bios64 as the laptop is not fully UEFI compliant. The image deploys successfully now. Unless you can think of anything else to try? we can close it.

19. clonedeploy

Jun 5 Administrator Answer

Sounds good. If you were using CloneDeploy Proxy DHCP, it would have automatically detected if the machine was efi or not and provided the correct winpe version. You may want to take a look at it.

20. is that the file that I must download separately? or do you simply mean that I must go under PXE settings and say yes to use Proxy DHCP.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!