Problem with Multicast : "Could not start the Multicast Application"

1. 4 months ago
    Edited 4 months ago by C_Ugloo

Hi !

I am still pretty new to CloneDeploy and encounter a little problem regarding the Multicast side of things.
    After creating a group (I tried both type, standard and smart) and configuring it (defining the Multicast Options, Computer Properties, etc), I tried to start a new Group Task and selected the Multicast deployment, but a notification pops out telling me that CloneDeploy "could not start the Multicast Application".

The only elements available in the logs are the following :
    06/14/2017 15:59: Directory '/data/cd_dp/images/Ugloodev-computer/hd0/data/cd_dp/images/Ugloodev-computer/hd0' not found. <- Pointing to a wrong physical path
    06/14/2017 15:59: System.ArgumentException: Can't find process with ID 0
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessById (System.Int32 processId) [0x0002e] in <5641e4edad4f4464ba58c620a7b8ea48>:0
    at BLL.ActiveMulticastSession.Delete (System.Int32 multicastId) [0x00096] in /var/www/html/clonedeploy/App_Code/BLL/ActiveMulticastSession.cs:81
    <- I guess the lack of ID is due to the fact that no image is found.

I'm pretty confused by that error, even though I guess that I'm doing something wrong (hence this topic).
    Anyway, thanks for all your efforts !

Looks like there is a problem. I guess no one has ever used multicast with lvm or at least never reported a problem. I'm not planning on releasing anything new until 1.3.0 if you want to try to fix it yourself.

/var/www/html/clonedeploy/App_Code/BLL/Workflows/Multicast.cs at around line 230, image path is listed twice. You can remove the second imagePath + and give it a try. Apache will need restarted. This will be fixed in 1.3.0.

Directory.GetFiles(imagePath + imagePath + Path.DirectorySeparatorChar, lv.VolumeGroup + "-" +
    lv.Name + ext + ".*")
  2. clonedeploy

Jun 14 Administrator

Not sure why the path is duplicating itself. Is your distribution point path set correctly? Is there anything in the multicast log?

3. The distribution point path is set correctly, but there are no logs created for the Multicast, I only have "On Demand" and the "exceptions.log" in which I found the errors pasted on the previous message.

4. clonedeploy

Jun 14 Administrator

Is the image using lvm?

5. Yes, it does.

6. clonedeploy

Jun 14 Administrator Answer

Looks like there is a problem. I guess no one has ever used multicast with lvm or at least never reported a problem. I'm not planning on releasing anything new until 1.3.0 if you want to try to fix it yourself.

/var/www/html/clonedeploy/App_Code/BLL/Workflows/Multicast.cs at around line 230, image path is listed twice. You can remove the second imagePath + and give it a try. Apache will need restarted. This will be fixed in 1.3.0.

Directory.GetFiles(imagePath + imagePath + Path.DirectorySeparatorChar, lv.VolumeGroup + "-" +
    lv.Name + ext + ".*")
  7. The removal of the second imagePath + did the trick ! Now the Multicasting creates the right tasks and deploys the image on the group computers.

Thanks for your time, and again, for your efforts !

or Sign Up to reply!