Error booting after clone

1. 3 weeks ago

Just got CloneDeploy setup and I'm having trouble getting my first clone done.

Here's my scenario -

• I have a reference image build on a VMWare Workstation Pro (CentOS7 with security configurations and corporate software)
    • I'm trying to deploy it to a Dell Precision Tower (T3610).
    • It seems to partition the disk and copy the hard drive image down correct
    • System fails to boot with any of the kernels I included
    • I get a whole bunch of this error "dracut-initqueue[347]: warning: dracut-initqueue timeout - starting timeout scripts"
    • followed by "A start job is running for dev-mapp...oot.device (13minute / No Limit)
    • Can't see the whole error, I assume it's dev-mapper.something.root.device, but it never goes away, it will sit there for days.

I don't think this is related to CloneDeploy specifically, more likely it's my reference image, but I'm hoping theres some expertise there that can help. This is becoming urgent for my job, so I hope someone can help!

Thanks
    -Tom

2. clonedeploy

Sep 28 Administrator

I would start by posting your upload and deploy logs, just to verify everything did work correctly on the CloneDeploy side.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Edited 2 weeks ago by tkurtz

Okay - thanks. I will work on that now - I've redone a lot of steps and have not really gotten it working yet. I was able to use clonezilla to get the VM from my VMWARE Workstation to a physical harddrive, and booted up in a laptop that I have. I wanted to eliminate VMWARE as a problem, so I am now cloning the physical HDD and attempting to deploy to another physical HDD.

here's my newest upload logs.

4. clonedeploy

Oct 5 Administrator

Upload log looks normal. Post a deploy log when you get one.

or Sign Up to reply!