TFTP Timeout on Clients

1. 2 weeks ago

Hello, I am running CloneDeploy 1.2.0 on Ubuntu Server 16.04. The installation went perfectly and the web applications works just fine. When I boot my computers, they get their DHCP address, PXE boot but then report an error: TFTP Open Timeout. Any solutions to this??? Thank you!

I suspect that your tftpd-hpa config file has something wrong it's line endings or formatting. Delete the file and just copy and paste the tftp section from the documentation into a terminal window. then start the service.

2. clonedeploy

Oct 6 Administrator

Is the tftp service running? Did you set the options in your dhcp server correctly?

3. The tftpd-hpa service is failing . The error essentially states that the tftp_directory cannot be found despite its actual existence. (Process: 3641 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/tftpd-hpa start (code=exited, status=127). In my internal subnet configuration for my dhcpd.conf file, I added filename "pxeboot.0". Does anything else need to be added? Much appreciated!

4. My /etc/default/tftpd-hpa file reads:

TFTP_USERNAME="root"
    TFTP_DIRECTORY="/tftpboot"
    TFTP_ADDRESS="0.0.0.0:69"
    TFTP_OPTIONS="-l -c -s"

5. clonedeploy

Oct 6 Administrator

can you post output of journalctl -u tftpd-hpa

6. See attached image. Thanks

7. clonedeploy

Oct 6 Administrator Answer

I suspect that your tftpd-hpa config file has something wrong it's line endings or formatting. Delete the file and just copy and paste the tftp section from the documentation into a terminal window. then start the service.

8. That worked! Thank you so much!!!

or Sign Up to reply!