ComputerLog API

1. 6 weeks ago

In the API we hacked together for C/D 1.2.1, by quiring the underlying database, we had a way (although not a pretty one) to get a log entry for a deployment job:

Before we started a deploy job J for a ComputerId C, we found out the largest LogId L. Then the deploy job associated with J is the smallest LogId that is still larger than L where ComputerId is C.

AFAIK, this surprisingly non-trivial task became even harder with the new API introduced by C/D 1.3.0:
    I can't find a good way getting the logs for a given computer. The best I can do is GET the /ComputerLog/GetOnDemandLogs, pick a sensible limit, filter the results, and if they do not contain the log entries I am looking for, increase the limit and repeat.

Is there a better way for getting the log of a given deploy task?

There is currently no association between tasks and logs. I guess there probably should be. I would think that this web method would work for you though.
    /Computer/GetComputerLogs/{id}

The on demand logs are only for computers that aren't registered. Even if a task is on demand and the computer is registered the log will still be in what I mentioned above.

2. clonedeploy

Oct 30 Administrator Answer

There is currently no association between tasks and logs. I guess there probably should be. I would think that this web method would work for you though.
    /Computer/GetComputerLogs/{id}

The on demand logs are only for computers that aren't registered. Even if a task is on demand and the computer is registered the log will still be in what I mentioned above.

3. 4 weeks ago

clonedeploy

Nov 17 Administrator

Not sure if this helps you, but I've added GetLastLog to the computer api in 1.3.2

4. 3 weeks ago

This can somewhat can simplify my code, for now I put a TODO comment to use the new API, for when we do the upgrade. Thanks.

or Sign Up to reply!