SMB Share Failure (Tried the guide)

1. 6 weeks ago

I am getting an SMB Share Failure when I go to upload an image to the server.

I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps up to step 6 here: http://clonedeploy.org/docs/smb-troubleshooting/

On step 6, when I enter the command:

mount -t cifs //[server-ip]/cd_share /storage -o user=cd_share_rw,pass=[cd_share_rw pass],dom=workgroup,vers=2.0

It comes back with a Permission Denied error.

I have double-checked the password and the share permissions, and have completed the recommended fixes for this issue in the guide, but I still cannot get this to work. Any suggestions?

• shared permissions are correct
    • security permissions are correct
    • password is correct
    • firewalls are off, etc.

I tried mapping the drive using alternate credentials, but was still not able to connect. I reset the passwords to cd_share_ro and cd_share_rw one more time in windows and then it worked. After getting that to work, the SMB share mounted successfully!

Thank you for your help! I must have forgotten to reset the passwords locally after resetting them in the CloneDeploy web interface.

Could you add the mapping network drive step to the troubleshooting guide? I think that many people would benefit from it.

2. clonedeploy

Nov 1 Administrator

Can you connect to the share from another windows machine? Are there any special characters in your password?

3. I cannot connect to it from another windows machine. It states that i do not have permission. Usually when this happens it lets me enter credentials, but this time it went straight to access denied. It will allow me to connect only when i change the folder permissions and add my username.

There are no special characters in my password, just letters and numbers.

4. clonedeploy

Nov 1 Administrator

You need to map the drive using alternate credentials.

5. jelliott

Nov 1 Answer
    Edited 6 weeks ago by jelliott

I tried mapping the drive using alternate credentials, but was still not able to connect. I reset the passwords to cd_share_ro and cd_share_rw one more time in windows and then it worked. After getting that to work, the SMB share mounted successfully!

Thank you for your help! I must have forgotten to reset the passwords locally after resetting them in the CloneDeploy web interface.

Could you add the mapping network drive step to the troubleshooting guide? I think that many people would benefit from it.

or Sign Up to reply!