Could Not Download Script: Response Code: 420

1. 4 weeks ago
    Edited 4 weeks ago by SmashRash

Cheers CloneDeploy,

I'm GLaD to see you still around!

I do have a bit of a story that I need some assistance with. First I'm using CloneDeployProxyDHCP and it has been operating for some time!

I recently attempted adding an image to my computer but was confronted with an error after logging in using admin credentials to _add the computer_ to the database (and later attempted "On Demand" imaging option). The error is as follows:

** Downloading Core Scripts **
    ...... Could Not Download Script
    ...... Response Code: 420

So I attempted accessing the webpage of CloneDeploy on my server and could not get access, strange. After a reboot of apache2 and then reboot of the Ubuntu computer and reattempt to no avail I decided it was time for me to try to refresh the install.

I noticed you had a 1.3.0 Beta 1 version out so I thought I should try to upgrade to resolve my issue. I downloaded to my Ubuntu computer the 1.3.0.tar.gz and followed the instructions for installing on Ubuntu (http://clonedeploy.org/docs/install-on-ubuntu/ ) stopping before installing the database.

I was then able to access the website, but ran into an issue. After following the remaining steps for the installation of the database&tftpserver which ended up saying the accounts were created, I discovered I needed to go into the web side and create the boot files under Admin >> Boot >> Create Boot files in the menu.

I reattempted and still receive the 420 Error. I performed the patch (1.3.1) thinking maybe my issue was resolved there. Same 420 error. I then decided maybe it was my CloneDeployProxyDHCP so I also attempted updating that to v2.1.2. I updated the config/ini file but same 420 error. Now when I run the 'sudo mono cd_proxyd.exe --debug' command CloneDeployProxyDHCP informs me the following while receiving and sending DHCP requests as before:

CloneDeploy ServiceURL is Populated. Testing API... FAILED
    ... Web Reservations Will Not Be Processed
    ... Clustered Tftp Servers Will Not Be Processed

DHCP Service Listening On 0.0.0.0:67
    DHCP Service Listening On 0.0.0.0:4011

DHCP Service Running
    Press[Enter] to Exit

Since I'm able to get an IP address when iPXE booting the Windows computer I want to add and then clone I've been ignoring the error and assuming it is for some more advanced check. I've rebooted the computer since.

At this point I am contacting you. I noticed the webpage still says "CloneDeploy v1.2.1" in the top-left for some reason. Technically I skipped the "Post Install Setup" since opening the CloneDeploy Web Interface after the upgrade did not bring me to the Initial Setup Page (since I had already performed that in the past). My last idea really is to remove my database (something I want to avoid) and attempt to get that Initial Setup Page, or do a clean install but part of me feels this 420 Error may still happen since it was the original issue that caused me to try the above updates.

Any insight appreciated. I'm attaching an image of the files I tried in the update just for show that I believe myself to be updated (but perhaps I'm somewhere in limbo?).

Sounds like you are definitely in limbo some where. CloneDeploy 1.3.0 is no longer in beta. You should have followed the upgrade docs here.
    http://clonedeploy.org/docs/upgrade-on-linux-2/

2. clonedeploy

Nov 14 Administrator Answer

Sounds like you are definitely in limbo some where. CloneDeploy 1.3.0 is no longer in beta. You should have followed the upgrade docs here.
    http://clonedeploy.org/docs/upgrade-on-linux-2/

3. CloneDeploy,

You were correct. I was definitely in limbo. I had missed the upgrade document and had made the mistake of thinking 'installing' the newest version was the same. Because of my error, but realizing it was my own mistake, I still would like to recommend that in the installation documentation you make a small note at the top to reference following the upgrade documentation if upgrading.

I had a secondary problem afterwards which resulted because I had attempted to patch to 1.3.1 already. I simply followed the patching process again and merged the tftpboot folder with my tftpboot folder under userroot@servername:/$ /tftpboot using the following command:

userroot@servername:/$ sudo cp -rf home/<userhomefolder>/clonedeploy/1.3.1/tftpboot/* /tftboot/

I'm attaching an image of that error (with green blocks representing my server IP address) however it is resolved.

Thank you very much for your expertise on the issue.

I am currently investigating my Primary Distribution Point (which I have setup as a networked share folder on the server) and will create a new conversation if I require additional assistance on that topic.
    Thanks,
    SmashRash

or Sign Up to reply!