Change default compression for on-demand task and remove 'add computer' menu

1. 2 weeks ago

I have a question - where can I change default compression ratio and/or algorhythm for on-demand upload? We are not using anything else but on-demand, so this matters to us.
    Also, how to completely remove add computer menu when starting on demand task?
    Thank you.

You need to first make the image in the webui so you can change the options before you do an on demand upload. Images->View->Profiles->Upload options

To remove registration
    Admin settings->security->registration enabled

2. clonedeploy

Nov 28 Administrator Answer

You need to first make the image in the webui so you can change the options before you do an on demand upload. Images->View->Profiles->Upload options

To remove registration

3. How I missed the option for registration, I can't say. I was blind, I guess :) thank you.
    But this compression option... it requires me to create image placeholder, so to say, and configure upload options just for that image, and then in 'on demand upload' select existing image...?
    But those defaults must exist somewhere, as they are applied to on demand job which isn't preset in web interface.
    We are using on demand exclusively, just selecting and dropping images onto machines. Images are syspreped, so we don't need anything than selection of the type of machine and dropping image there.

4. clonedeploy

Nov 28 Administrator

Currently this is no other way, if you want to modify the image options, it needs to be created in webui first. The defaults are hardcoded in the application.

5. To remove registration

I am sorry, I still get 'enter computer name' when entering 'on demand' jobs. Maybe I didn't ask the right question? I did set the setting to NO. Last version applied.

6. clonedeploy

Nov 28 Administrator

Did you recreate boot menu?

7. Edited 2 weeks ago by itisljar

Oh. No.
    Create boot files, I presume?

8. Thank you very much, you have been very helpful. Just one last question - when using gzip compression, are you using standard gzip utility, or pigz, which is multicore gzip utility...?

9. clonedeploy

Nov 28 Administrator

standard gzip

or Sign Up to reply!