Add NIC drivers to USB boot drive?

1. 2 weeks ago

I apologize in advance as I'm a complete noob here. :)
    How does one add drivers to the USB boot disk? In the environment I'm in, we can't use PXE, so I have to boot to USB. There are some newer machines that the USB drive doesn't have drivers for the NIC on the computer I'm needing to boot. I am using the 5.4x64 Kernel when creating the boot image.

The drivers are in the kernel. You need to recreate the usb selecting a newer kernel. I'm guessing you mean 4.5 kernel. The latest is 4.13.2 if you are using CloneDeploy 1.3.x

2. clonedeploy

Nov 29 Administrator Answer

The drivers are in the kernel. You need to recreate the usb selecting a newer kernel. I'm guessing you mean 4.5 kernel. The latest is 4.13.2 if you are using CloneDeploy 1.3.x

3. Man, that was fast! Thanks! That fixed it. I didn't realize that I needed to install the new Kernel. I was just using the latest one in the dropdown menu on the ISO/USB generator page. After I downloaded the latest Kernel it was available to use in the ISO/USB generator menu. I just tested and it works! Thanks for a GREAT product and really fast and great service!

or Sign Up to reply!