Windows 10 image upload

1. 10 months ago

Good morning,

I've been using CloneDeploy for almost two years now. I was able to upload win7 images as well as install those images on win7 machines no problem. Now are slowly moving users to win 10 and I'm having issues getting a win 10 image uploaded. I checked a few forum's and from what I could see the issue was that CloneDeploy needed to be updated (we were using 1.0). We've since updated to 1.2.0 and I'm still having issues. Do I need to change the image profile settings within CloneDeploy?

2. clonedeploy

16 Jan 2018 Administrator

How about 1.3?
    What's the exact problem / error?

3. I haven't tried 1.3. ; I'll try again and show you the error I'm receiving.

4. Did 1.3 work ?
    Im getting the The protective MBR's 0xEE partition is oversized!

5. clonedeploy

24 Jan 2018 Administrator

@JLHFACE that is not an error. That is expected behavior.

6. 9 months ago

Good afternoon, So we've upgraded to 1.3.3 and the error I'm getting is:
    "Could not contact clondeploy server. Possible reasons
    The CloneDeploy Web Service Is Not Functioning.
    Try entering http://172.16.10.124/clonedeploy/api/clientimaging/Test In A Web Browser.
    A driver could not be found for this NIC.
    The computer did not receive an IP address"

I've attached two pictures below (excuse the quality)

7. clonedeploy

16 Feb 2018 Administrator

Test with this link:
    http://172.16.10.124/clonedeploy/api/clientimaging/Test

Notice that in a web browser is not part of the url

8. It returns true

9. clonedeploy

Is this on demand or web task?

10. Can you clarify for me? I'm not sure of the difference.

11. clonedeploy

Are you starting the task from the web interface by select deploy or upload or are you picking from the pxe menu from the client computer?

12. Web interface

13. clonedeploy

Go to the image profile for that image and select pxe options and change the kernel to 4.13.2x64, start the task again.

14. After making the change and trying to update the image I get an error in the browser see attached pic.

15. clonedeploy

I'm guessing something went through all of the upgrades. Can you attach a database dump?

16. I was just discussing with my CIO and it maybe a permissions issue. I can deploy current images but I'm unable to upload new images. So it seems it's unable to write back to the server. Maybe something changed or needed to be changed after the upgrade.

or Sign Up to reply!