Mail Notification

1. 3 months ago

Hi,

How works the mail notification?
    I configured a service account that I use for deploy, upload and multicast.
    I use its security token in boot menu to login with this account.

In the general settings of this user I check notify on task complete and on on task error. Of course I filled an email.

I configured email admin settings, did a test which was OK. (test mail works)

But at the end of a task I receive nothing and there is nothing in my syslog server.

Many thanks by advance,

Proc.

2. clonedeploy

Feb 11 Administrator

I think the issue is probably the service account. It's only intended to link clustered servers together. You should use a regular user account and adjust the permissions as necessary. It may also have something to do with using the token instead of a login. Not 100% sure, but that's where I would start.

3. Hi,

Thanks for your answer. The user was previously set as an admin and the result was exactly the same. I set it as user with the right rights. I'll check the result tomorrow.
    If the result remain the same I'll enable authentication just for test, to be sure the feature works.
    I need both no login and notification but the no login feature is more important for me than notifications, so I'll may be have to make a choice.

The purpose of the email set in admin email settings is just for tests? (sorry for my poor english)

4. Hi,

So I did several tests and mail notification works only for on demand request (not on web tasks) with login.

or Sign Up to reply!