Setup Documentation is all over the place

1. 7 months ago
    Deleted 7 months ago by JohnTwo
  2. Edited 7 months ago by JohnTwo

I find the documentation is missing many steps and convoluted. Example:

Such as the Clone Deploy Proxy Server:

PC PXE Operation When Installed On Same Server as DHCP

This method does not require any additional IP Helpers because there should already be one pointing to the DHCP server.

If installing on an existing DHCP server, port 67 is already in use and the proxy cannot bind to respond to discover requests. You must set listen-dhcp to false in CloneDeploy Proxy DHCP and set option 60 to PXEClient on the DHCP server.

Ok....you must set listen-dhcp to false in CloneDeploy Proxy DHCP (this is documented on the CloneDeploy Proxy DHCP setup document) and set option 60 to PXEClient on the DHCP server.

Since you suggest we use TFTP32D's DHCP server, why not include how to set it in the .ini file on the same paragraph above?

I had to go digging around in ANOTHER forum to find the exact wording to set option 60 the .ini TFTP32D's DHCP Server.

Someone really needs to make a step by step documentation from start to finish using ONE SET of software: Windows with TFTPD32 and Clone Deploy Proxy.

Instead of the current state which is: You can use own DHCP server, and you SHOULD use Clone Deploy Proxy, but you need to set this in your own DHCP server because you are using it on the same server. I have like 4 tabs open for 3 different software's. Put it all on ONE PAGE with step by step instructions.

3. clonedeploy

16 Feb 2018 Administrator

Closed.
    http://clonedeploy.org/docs/forum-guidelines/

or Sign Up to reply!