Customized Multicast Session description

1. last week

To create a multicast session, you just can enter the specified image and the client count.
    In case of many multicast sessions it's hard to identify one session from each other.
    Is it possible to give the session a user defined name or information and can it be also shown in the overview list?

2. Hi,

I suppose that your purpose is to identify the session to attach to in case of multiple multicast session.
    As far as I know what you are asking is not yet implemented and i'm not sure I'll be one day, but may be to be sure that your PC are attached to the right session you you can put them in groups and start group multicast session.

I hope it help.

3. 5 days ago

Mar 13 Administrator

This is not currently a feature for on demand multicasts. As @processor said CloneDeploy is best used by adding the computers and using groups. I'll keep this in mind though.

4. Hi,

the idea with groups is not really practicable for us because just we (two admins) upload an image per type/model once and after that other users (we don't know them, so we also don't know how technical experienced they are) deploy the images (they don't upload images) as normal unicast image or multicast, it depends on the current situation and that's why we won't register the notebooks. And without registered devices groups are not working.

Or does for this case any solution/workaround exist? Maybe we just can't find it.

I hope you understand my procedure.

5. 3 days ago

Mar 15 Administrator

I understand what you are doing, the way you are doing it is the only option. Using the id that is assigned is the only way right now, like I said, I'll add this feature to the next update.

6. 2 days ago

Ohh perfect, that's pretty good news, thanks!

or Sign Up to reply!