Object reference not set to an instance of an object

1. 7 months ago

I'm attempting to install clonedeploy 1.3 with fresh install on Windows 2012 R2

Install goes fine, 2 passwords for co read and read/write have a ! to meet Windows Server default complexity requirements
    Install for mariaDB does not have any special characters at all

Get to initial first run screen, and login with clonedeploy / password credentials no problems . . .

On initial setup screen, attempt to change clonedeploy password, set server IP, and verify the two read and read/write passwords results in error when clicking on "Finalize Setup" button:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
    [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    CloneDeploy_ApiCalls.UserAPI.Put(Int32 id, CloneDeployUserEntity tObject) +132
    CloneDeploy_Web.views.login.views_login_firstrun.btnSubmit_OnClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) +216
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +152
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3803

2. clonedeploy

27 Apr 2018 Administrator

I'm at a loss for this one, never seen an error at this point in the process. we can skip the first run if you want to try that. Just need to modify the db manually. I'll post some instructions tomorrow

3. O.K. I'm setting this up in a sandbox environment for testing . . . I've setup similar setups with the same equipment / network / etc. with Clone Deploy in recent past with no problems whatsoever . . .

I even completely re-installed Windows 2012 SRV and started from complete scratch twice already . . . Both times end up getting this exact same error . . . at the exact same point. Once logged in, if I try to ignore firstrun and just click on settings button and attempt to change clone deploy password, and server ip, directly from interface, I get a very similar error as above. If you can think of anything for me to try or to manually get the database going, I'd appreciate it.

4. clonedeploy

27 Apr 2018 Administrator

Is there anything in the exception log?

5. 2 months ago

Was this issue ever resolved? I'm experiencing the exact same problem, fresh install, can login first time, but upon attempting to finalize the initial settings, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

There are no indicators in the log file what is causing the issue but would like to get past it.

or Sign Up to reply!