where the source code of client

1. 6 months ago

Hi ,
    I am very interested in the CloneDepoy project, and I want to study the source code of this project.
    The source code of clonedeploy on github are about server, winpe builder, installpackage . I don't find where the source code of creating image and deploying image on client . Are these codes on github? How can I get the source code of client?

Thank you very much!

2. clonedeploy

21 May 2018 Administrator

Code is on github as well installed on the CloneDeploy server, they are just some simple scripts that run, one set of scripts for each different imaging environment.

https://github.com/cdadmin/clonedeploy/tree/master/CloneDeploy-App/private/clientscripts

3. Thank you very much!

In readme file, you said that the start script file(such as "lie_start") are embeded into each Imaging Environment and cannot be changed on the fly. If i want to modify something in the "lie_start" file, how can i do that? How can i embed the new "lie_start" file into Linux imaging environment?

4. I have found the "lie_start" file was into the initrd.xz file. Please let me know that the initrd.xz file was created base on which Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, or CentOS)? And Which system version ?
    Could you that the method which is to create initrd.xz file with "lie_start"?

Thank you very much!

5. clonedeploy

25 May 2018 Administrator

it is built from embedded Linux. https://buildroot.org/

6. I studied buildroot two days, and try to set the config by using "make menuconfig" command. but it was so complicated. and I didn't make the buildroot successfully.

can you tell me the detailed steps ?
    1. how to set the config of buildroot?
    2. how to make the our script file into the initrd file?
    3. how to make the "lie_start" script run automatically when linux start?

Thank you very much!

7. clonedeploy

28 May 2018 Administrator

I don't really have detailed instructions. You can just use the existing initrd, mount it, and then make any changes you want. lie_start already starts automatically. It is called by a file named s99cd in etc/init.d. Anything you place in that script will start automatically.

or Sign Up to reply!