USB-Boot reboots after the menu

1. 2 months ago

I've imaged about 30 notebooks with the same USB-key (always the same kernel too, the 4.16.1x64) successfully.
    With one I have now the problem that I can't boot from the USB-key completely. The device boots to the menu, then it doesn't matter if I choose "Clone Deploy" or "Client Console", the notebook always reboots after pressing enter.
    I've tried 2 other kernels (4.13.2x64 and 4.5x64) and a different usb-key with exactly the same failure.
    I've also tried to "play" with the BIOS settings (secure boot, fast boot, UEFI/Legacy,...) without success.

With the same usb-key and a windows installation image, the notebook boots without problems, so the failure seems to be not the notebook.

2. clonedeploy

Jul 23 Administrator

Is it the same model as the other 30?

3. No, every model is different, but this is the same type then one other, just different hardware (CPU, SSD-storage,...)

4. clonedeploy

Jul 24 Administrator

Are you getting the grub menu or pxelinux?

5. It's the GRUB menu:

6. clonedeploy

Jul 24 Administrator

Seems like a secure boot issue. Are you certain it's disabled? Are there any other security chips on this device?

7. I changed the whole BIOS settings, also checked if an update is available...nothing that would solve my problem so far.

or Sign Up to reply!