Show more detail when adding hosts to groups

1. last week
    Edited last week by aaron

hi CD,

Final push from myself to move from Crucible to CD and have a few niggles to iron out.

- Search function does not work but I am running Version 1.3.0 and it appears you have addressed this in a patch I read in another thread.

Another is that when adding host, most occasions I check how many are added and they are not there (Maybe its a browser bug as I am using Chrome)

2 features missing which would I found useful (which CWDS had) is that when I have ticked my hosts and click "add selected computers" there was a popup at the top which confirmed "19 hosts added to group" - I would like this to return.

Also when searching for hosts I only get to see in the table - "NAME" - "MAC" and most of the remaining screen space is just blank.

Is it possible/or could it be made possible so that these fields have useful info in when adding hosts (like CWDS it used to show what group the device is already in) so I can easily ID devices that are not in any groups.

If unclear, let me know and I will provide screenshots.

2. clonedeploy

Aug 10 Administrator

Search function does not work but I am running Version 1.3.0 and it appears you have addressed this in a patch I read in another thread.

Yes this was addressed in a later patch.

Another is that when adding host, most occasions I check how many are added and they are not there (Maybe its a browser bug as I am using Chrome)

Not sure about this one, I would patch to latest version

2 features missing which would I found useful (which CWDS had) is that when I have ticked my hosts and click "add selected computers" there was a popup at the top which confirmed "19 hosts added to group" - I would like this to return.

You want to the know the number of hosts added?, I can add this.

Also when searching for hosts I only get to see in the table - "NAME" - "MAC" and most of the remaining screen space is just blank.

You should also see image and image profile

Is it possible/or could it be made possible so that these fields have useful info in when adding hosts (like CWDS it used to show what group the device is already in) so I can easily ID devices that are not in any groups.

I'm not sure what other useful info there is, there should already be name, mac, image, and image profile, you can do groups, because computers can be in many groups, I supposed I could add something that shows if they are in any groups

3. Edited last week by aaron

Thank you, the Latest patch has resolved issue of saving my changes and it sticking as well as the search function.

Getting 10x the upload/download speeds, has patch made any improvements?

1)
    I would just like to see the groups machines in in the search list, I used this as a visual aid in CWDS as while we are adding hosts we group them in batches (so anything new wouldn't have a group).

In my search screen which I reach by Groups > Group Name ) Add Members I only see "Name" and "MAC"

I don't set image per host... I set it in the group (that's what I did on CWDS and kept same method).

2)
    The # of hosts added was another visual aid so I know I have not missed any devices without going back a few pages and looking at the total from the groups page.

4. Blast from the past (CrucibleWDS)

Just to show you what I mean.

or Sign Up to reply!