Finalize Setup failure

1. 7 weeks ago

After three attempts at getting CloneDeploy installed, once on Centos and twice on Windows 2008R2 I am unable to progress passed the Finalize Setup.

Each time I have installed to a fresh install (Citrix hosted instances) fully patched on windows, and held back the latest Mono upgrade on Centos due to the issues related to the newer version.

No issues are reported in the setup log but each time I enter the details for the first run page and hit the Finalize button I get the following error.

Server Error in '/clonedeploy' Application.
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    CloneDeploy_ApiCalls.UserAPI.Put(Int32 id, CloneDeployUserEntity tObject) +169
    CloneDeploy_Web.views.login.views_login_firstrun.btnSubmit_OnClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) +209
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +136
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +147
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5027

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Nick Sharp

2. clonedeploy

Aug 30 Administrator

This is bizarre that you would receive the same error on multiple OS's. Are you using a shared database?

3. 5 weeks ago

Sorry for late reply, I didn't receive notification you had posted. Anyway, no each installation is a fresh install using its own installation.

I have currently moved on now to another solution but would still appreciate a fix.

4. 3 weeks ago

Has there been a resolution to this issue? We are seeing a Object reference not set to an instance of an object. problem when we attempt to save any changes... we re-installed and yet have the same problem when attempting to save the initial configuration.

5. 2 weeks ago

clonedeploy

Oct 1 Administrator

I still haven't been able to replicate this, I wish I could. Are you installing 1.3.0?

or Sign Up to reply!