Warning! Secondary partition table overlaps the last partition by 33 blocks!

1. 2 months ago

I get the following error at the end of a deploy log - the system only boots into emergency mode. Any ideas? I wonder if it's related to https://forum.clonedeploy.org/845-error-while-expanding-volume-group-system-nullreferenceexceptio

Warning! Secondary partition table overlaps the last partition by
    33 blocks!
    You will need to delete this partition or resize it in another utility.
    Disk /dev/nvme0n1: 2000409264 sectors, 953.9 GiB
    Logical sector size: 512 bytes
    Disk identifier (GUID): 7C0359B6-126B-48C0-BE5D-77C2B2FCFB01
    Partition table holds up to 128 entries
    First usable sector is 34, last usable sector is 2000409230
    Partitions will be aligned on 2048-sector boundaries
    Total free space is 2014 sectors (1007.0 KiB)

Number Start (sector) End (sector) Size Code Name
    1 2048 2099199 1024.0 MiB 8300 Linux filesystem
    2 2099200 2000409263 952.9 GiB 8E00 Linux LVM
  2. clonedeploy

Sep 19 Administrator

That's just a warning, not the cause of your problem. Can you attach the entire log.

3. Log from my latest deployment attempt, the schema from the upload (that I modified based off my other post), and the export schema I am trying to use.

4. clonedeploy

Sep 19 Administrator

tmp var and var_log_audit are not deploying because the logical volumes are too small. In your custom size, change the unit to mb(I'm not sure why the header column says (MB) don't think that's valid) give each one approx 500 more than the resize value. So temp has a resize value of 1502 according to your schema, give it a custom size of 2002.

Also have you tried without giving your lv's custom sizes?

5. Okay, I'll try that now. No, haven't tried without custom sizes - I can try as a troubleshooting step but that would result in a pretty unusable partitioning scheme.

I currently have the custom size set to way bigger then required (its set to 20 gb), but I'll try chaning to it to MB.

6. Tried imaging it without any custom partitioning - success. Going to try setting the custom scheme with MB as suggested (instead of the 20gb I had originally).

7. I tried again with the following custom scheme and it failed.

8. clonedeploy

Sep 21 Administrator

In your image profile deploy options, when you have selected modify the image schema, there should be some bold text that says export schema. Can you attach that?

9. Attached!

10. Any chance you've had some time to look at this?

11. clonedeploy

Oct 1 Administrator

Couldn't tell from you screenshot but now I see it in the schema export. You have the fixed box checked for your lvm volumes. That's going to override your custom sizes and prevent the partition from being resized.

12. Got it - makes sense, I misunderstood what the fixed button did. How should I set it up so that the custom sizes I set are what the partitions will be regardless of the HDD size, and the rest of the free space is split between home and root?

13. clonedeploy

Oct 1 Administrator

Just like you have it, just remove the fixed box, set your custom sizes, anything without a custom size will get the rest of the space.

14. That worked! Thanks!!!!

15. clonedeploy

Oct 1 Administrator

Thanks for the donation.

16. Figured I could at least buy you a pizza. Thanks again.

or Sign Up to reply!