Surface Go no network/keyboard

• We are trying to do some cloning with the Surface go, and here is where we get stuck. We boot them up using the Microsoft USB>ETH adapter, once the PXE process hands off, we do not get keyboard or network. If we use a Belkin USB>ETH +USB adapter the Surface won't boot using PXE. So we end up pluggin the Belkin in, and attach Ethernet, Keyboard, and the Microsoft USB>ETH adapter, this then boots PXE through the MS adapter that is attached to the same network and the PXE hand off then uses the Belkin to connect to the network to do the actual cloning and the keyboard works.

I'm thinking it has to be a Kernel/driver issue so is there anyway we could get an updated kernel?

• The surface USB nics have always been problematic with the issues you describe. I can try to build you a new kernel, but I doubt it will fix the issue. I'll let you know when it's done.

• Your other option is to use the WinPE environment, which is usually a good choice for picky hardware.

• Any update on this? I was hoping not to have to jump over to the WinPE, the Linux method is so awesome.

• Sorry, this isn't exactly at the top of my priority list at the moment. I'll see what I can do though.

• no worries, just checking in, guess I'll look at the WinPE route

• I'd like to circle back around to this and say the WinPE mode does work (have to have the image gathered/uploaded in WinPE first too), but yeesh it's slow. How goes the merge of CD and OpenM?