Slow deployment

• Hi Guys,

I am having some trouble with the initial deployment - Creating Files. It seems that I have a 50/50 chance of this initial deployment stage being super fast or taking 20+ minutes to complete. Once past the initial Creating Files stage, the actual image file transfer will be a normal speed on over the network.

Wondering if anyone might have some suggestions for me? Using WinPE boot, x64. Servers are Win10Pro, have tried on two servers. In the past I was able to simply stop, reboot and being the deployment again which would then speed through the Creating Files and move on to the network transfer, but as of late this doesn't seem to be case.

Capture.JPG

Thank you very much in advance.

• I have never found a reason for this, something to do with wimlib. If you are looking for speed, you should be using the Linux image environment.

• Thank you very much.

When using the Linux image environment, does the boot file poll the network for an active imaging server or is the server IP embedded in the image? I have two servers capable of serving the images but can only discover one. If I disable the original server, the linux booting faults on being unable to find the original server, yet the secondary is running and visible on the network.

Thank you for your time.

• Do you have two completely separate servers or are they in a cluster group?

• Hi there,

They are to be completely separate.