Could not open "\EFI\BOOT\fallback.efi" : 14 when trying to image Surface 3 laptop

• ===============================================================================

SCRIPT IS RUNNING ADMINISTRATOR ELEVATED AND WILL EXECUTE

===============================================================================
    Executing MakePE Validation at X:\aguser\Desktop\New folder\CloneDeployPE Builder-1.2.0\Scripts\MakePE-Validation.cmd

Checking MakePE Core Directories
    Creating BUILDS Directory at X:\aguser\Desktop\New folder\CloneDeployPE Builder-1.2.0\Builds

Checking ADK Integration for WinPE 10
    Valid Locations:
    C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit
    \Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit

Writing to "X:\aguser\Desktop\New folder\CloneDeployPE Builder-1.2.0\Builds\WinPE 10 x64 Log.txt"

Microsoft ADK for Windows 10 was not located
    You will not be able to service WinPE 10

Could not determine a WIM file to use

MakePE did not complete properly
    Press any key to continue . . .

That's what I get when I run the PE install.

• It looks like they removed the winpe piece from the adk. It's now a separate download. Called windows pe addon for adk.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2120253

• That did the trick! I appreciate the work you all put in Clonedeploy. Very useful tool and I didn't want to have to go away from it. Thank you!

• One last question. I'm using the super ISO from the thumbdrive. Is there any reason my Clonedeploy server credentials would not work when it asks for login info? Is it pointing somewhere else looking for credentials? Keeps saying incorrect login but the same credentials work on the server.

• Could be a special character in the password. Sometimes they don't translate well in the client. Usually $ and & are problematic.

• Thanks for the help so far. When the images are being created should there be a password set somewhere? I wasn't prompted to create one. And the boot drive I created is not checking credentials from my clonedeploy server. I've even changed the admin password a few times PE is still saying the password is incorrect.

• So I guess it's a Surface laptop issue. The USB drive works fine on another laptop.

• Strange. Probably needs a different nic driver. You can include them when you build winpe by putting them in the drivers folder. Needs to be inf format.

• I see. Only these don't have NICs. They use wifi. They generally have to use some type of dongle or the dock to connect over ethernet. It picks up an IP address over the dongle though.

• Sorry. The driver trick did not work.