Change Hostname Not working

• Maybe it's due to my low level in windows, but the hostname is not changing after a download, here are the logs :
    (it's a windows 7 embedded i try to deploy)

** Changing Computer Name On /dev/sda1 **

...... Could Not Find Answer File, Attempting Registry Change
    openHive(/mnt/ntfs/Windows/System32/config/SYSTEM) failed: No such file or directory, trying read-only
    openHive(/mnt/ntfs/Windows/System32/config/SYSTEM) in fallback RO-mode failed: No such file or directory
    reged version 0.1 140201, (c) Petter N Hagen
    Unable to open/read a hive, exiting..
    openHive(/mnt/ntfs/Windows/System32/config/SYSTEM) failed: No such file or directory, trying read-only
    openHive(/mnt/ntfs/Windows/System32/config/SYSTEM) in fallback RO-mode failed: No such file or directory
    openHive(/mnt/ntfs/WINDOWS/system32/config/system) failed: No such file or directory, trying read-only
    openHive(/mnt/ntfs/WINDOWS/system32/config/system) in fallback RO-mode failed: No such file or directory
    openHive(/mnt/ntfs/WINDOWS/system32/config/system) failed: No such file or directory, trying read-only
    openHive(/mnt/ntfs/WINDOWS/system32/config/system) in fallback RO-mode failed: No such file or directory

• Can you attach the entire log?

• In attachment. Thank you!

• Your initial post shows the 1st partition, the windows partition is actually the 2nd.
    ** Changing Computer Name On /dev/sda2 **

...... Found Answer File At /Windows/Panther/unattend.xml, Changing Computer Name

So it looks you are using sysprep but the name isn't being updated. Does your answer file have the <computername> tag?

• Hello,

I think it's the problem, I have no "answer file". Can you link me the documentation about that ?
    If I remember well, the "changing name" was working in my first test without writing any answer file. Is it possible ?

Thanks a lot 😄

• Is this a sysprepped image? According to your logs it is. Since a sysprep answer file was found, the name tries to be changed from the sysprep answer file. If the file isn't found, the registry is changed.

• Hello,

I just removed C:/Windows/Panther/ which come from the first installation of the device and everything works.

Thanks for the support 😄