Install on Nginx

• Hi,

I'm interest in CloneDeploy, and would like to install it on my server.
    I'm seeing the installation is for Apache2.
    But I'm currently running Nginx.
    Is this do-able?

Thanks.

• It is far more complicated than Apache and I've had mixed results with mono and nginx. I would recommend you just setup apache to run on a different port.

• I'd setup a few web servers running on Nginx fine.
    If you can tell me how to avoid or remove Apache2 prior to the installation, and some guidelines, I may get it to work.

• The issue is mono and nginx together. Here is all I can give you from an old template when clonedeploy was called cruciblewds. I used for installing on open media vault with nginx. The 2 files you download will need updated.
    [code]wget "http://docs.cruciblewds.org/omv/cwds"
    wget "http://docs.cruciblewds.org/omv/cwds.conf"
    cp cwds.conf /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d/
    cp cwds /etc/init.d/
    chmod +x /etc/init.d/cwds
    echo "fastcgi_param PATH_INFO "";" >> /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params
    echo "fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;" >> /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params
    service nginx restart
    service cwds start
    update-rc.d cwds defaults[/code]

• I'm currently using OpenMediaVault.
    Do you have a better Nginx config ?

• You will also need to install mono-fastcgi-server4

Good luck, i'm afraid I can't really give you much other than that. I know other user's have just installed apache on OMV and ran it on a different port.

• Ok, I don't know how to redirect the Apache2 port, so it doesn't conflict with my Nginx.
    Thanks for the help.

• In the apache config file there is a line says listen 80, just needs changed to something else.

• It tried that with FOG project, and it screw my OMV.
    I had to restored it.
    I'm going to ask the OMV users regarding about this.

• Sounds good, i'm guessing a php version incompatibility with Fog and OMV is what caused your issue.

• My system is running php 5.4, would that work with CD?
    OMV3 is running php5.5 +.

• CD does not use php. I'm would seek advice from OMV users, I have only ever used it once.

• Assume I don't get any help from the OMV users, will Ubuntu installation guide work on OMV?

• It should but you would skip samba smb setup, you would use omv functionality to handle that.

• Hi,
    An OMV user recommended me to install the Apache2, then change the apache's port to make it work.
    According to the installation guide, does TFTP required to be install too?

[quote]Edit /etc/apache2/ports.conf to Listen on your desired ports. I used 8080 and 8443 for testing to keep OMV on 80 and 443.

Then it's just a matter of creating your Virtual Host's {site}.conf in /etc/apache2/sites-available with the appropriate ports. [/quote]
    By the way, the web.config path should be: /var/www/html/clonedeploy/web/web.config

I installed CloneDeploy today, but got errors.

[code]ERROR: Site clonedeploy does not exist!
    apache2: Syntax error on line 244 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/mod_mono.load: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_mono.so into server: /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_mono.so: undefined symbol: ap_unixd_config
    Action 'configtest' failed.
    The Apache error log may have more information.
    failed!
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    tftpd-hpa is already the newest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
    Restarting HPA's tftpd: in.tftpd.
    apache2: Syntax error on line 244 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/mod_mono.load: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_mono.so into server: /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_mono.so: undefined symbol: ap_unixd_config
    Action 'configtest' failed.
    The Apache error log may have more information.
    failed!
    [/code]

/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/mod_mono.load;
    Line 1

[code]LoadModule mono_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_mono.so
    [/code]

Line 244:

[code]LogLevel warn

Include module configuration:

Include mods-enabled/.load
    Include mods-enabled/
    .conf

Include list of ports to listen on and which to use for name based vhosts

Include ports.conf

The following directives define some format nicknames for use with

a CustomLog directive (see below).

If you are behind a reverse proxy, you might want to change %h into %{X-Forwarded-For}i

LogFormat "%v:%p %h %l %u %t "%r" %>s %O "%{Referer}i" "%{User-Agent}i"" vhost_combined
    LogFormat "%h %l %u %t "%r" %>s %O "%{Referer}i" "%{User-Agent}i"" combined
    LogFormat "%h %l %u %t "%r" %>s %O" common
    LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
    LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent
    [/code]

• My bad, OMV is based on Debian, so the install is not the same as it would be on Ubuntu. Again, I don't use debian and can't really offer any advice.