Trying to deploy a WIM file

• I took a file image of a machine I need to deploy, and when I try to apply that same image to another machine the scripts can't find a valid image. I verified that image "1" was indeed in the wim.

I don't get what it can't see, and I couldn't find mention of "wimapply" in any of the scripts, is there something I'm missing in my core scripts?

• Do you have the upload log?

• Yep, this is the upload from that image. I also tried applying the other two images I had taken in file, rather than block. All three failed, stating there was corruption in the WIM.

I even had a trusted and tried WIM that I took an image of directly, with no setup (still in OOBE) fail.
    Apply WIM to machine (old method) -> PXE -> On Demand -> Take image of existing (I had made the image, but never uploaded to it)

• The log shows the wim isn't saving to your smb share properly but I don't know why.
    [code][ERROR] Failed to close the output WIM file: Input/output error
    ERROR: Exiting with error code 72:
    Failed to write data to a file.[/code]

The wimlib source shows error 72 as
    [code]WIMLIB_ERR_WRITE = 72,[/code]

Is there possibly any issues with your share? Is there a reason you are using file imaging?

• I wanted to try to merge the older way that I was doing it, which was a manual WIM capture using DISM, and deployment through CD. There hasn't been issues with the share that I know of, everything has gone up and down fine when it hasn't been in file format.

I knew that file was experimental at one point, so if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. But I also want to help if I can.

• It should work, I've used it many times. The only thing I can think of right now is that the version of wimlib was updated for CD 1.1.0, maybe something is not working now. I'll test and report back.

• Alright, sounds good, thank you!

• I was able to find some time to test with 1.1.1, and both upload and deploy worked properly with a wim. There must something with your environment that is preventing this from working, but I just can't think of what it might be. If you ever figure it out, I'd be interested in the solution.

• Alright, I'll see if I can do some testing later and try to report back. I'm not sure when that might be though.