Problem with hanging multicast restore

• Hi!

I have a problem restoring an image via multicast. After starting the multicast task all computers hang with this message:

Starting to restore image (-) to device (/dev/sda1)

"image (-)" is a little bit confusing ... whats going wrong?

Thx

• Hi again!

When I start a single computer task I get the following error in the log:

** Processing /dev/sda **

Get hd_schema: profileId=5&clientHdNumber=0&newHdSize=250059350016&schemaHds=&clientLbs=512

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Service.Client.Logic.CheckHdRequirements(Int32 profileId, Int32 clientHdNumber, String newHdSize, String imageSchemaDrives, Int32 clientLbs) in c:\Program Files (x86)\clonedeploy\web\App_Code\Service\Client\Logic.cs:line 375
    at Service.Client.Client.CheckHdRequirements(String profileId, String clientHdNumber, String newHdSize, String schemaHds, String clientLbs) in c:\Program Files (x86)\clonedeploy\web\App_Code\Service\Client\Client.cs:line 257

** An Error Has Occurred **

...... Unknown Error Occurred While Determining Minimum HD Size Required. Check The Exception Log

• Hi!

The image I used was an image without shrinking option. Although all computers are identical I try to create a new image with shrinking option. Hope it will work ...

• Hi!

I don't understand, why the same image works fine using a on demand deploy task but doesn't work using a web task. What's the difference during the processing?

• Hi!

New image with shrinking option created, but deploying via multicast creates the same message:

Starting to restore image (-) to device (/dev/sda1)

... and all computers are hanging... 😞

• Something in your network is blocking the multicast

• Hi!

The firewall on the deployment server is turned of, but I check the network again ...

• Hi!

No, the network is fine.

• Try multicasting with only one computer in the group

• No, doesn't work ... same behavior. I n the meantime I've deployed the image via unicast without any problems ...

Maybe it's the network. Are there any multicast check's I can do with clonedeploy?

• Do you have more than 1 nic on the CloneDeploy server? if so it may be using the wrong one. You can also check in admin->Logs-> and check the multicast log for any clues