Migrating Images from old server.

• I reinstalled clonedeploy on another server and im trying to migrate all of our old files on the new one. I make a new image through the webui and copy and paste the files into the new folder it made. However when i go to images on the webui it shows the "size on server" but not the "minimum client size" meaning i then cannot deploy it to another laptop/PC.

Please advise me on what i can do to sort out my issue.

• The minimum client size is calculated from the schema file in each image directory. Make sure that has been copied as well. Also, verify the permissions of that file. You could also check the exceptions log.

• I checked the permissions and that is fine. There are 3 files in each image directory is that correct?

Also I looked in the exceptions log but I don't know what im looking at.

[code]Severity: ERROR
    Code: 22008
    Hint: Perhaps you need a different "datestyle" setting.
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.<ProcessBackendResponses_Ver_3>d__a.MoveNext()
    at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.GetNextResponseObject()
    at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.GetNextRowDescription()
    at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.NextResult()
    at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader..ctor(IEnumerable1 dataEnumeration, CommandBehavior behavior, NpgsqlCommand command, NotificationThreadBlock threadBlock, Boolean synchOnReadError) at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.GetReader(CommandBehavior cb) at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at History.CreateEvent(History history) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cruciblewds\web\App_Code\History.cs:line 44 25/01/2017 14:06: Npgsql.NpgsqlException: date/time field value out of range: "01-25-17 2:06:47 PM" Severity: ERROR Code: 22008 Hint: Perhaps you need a different "datestyle" setting. at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.<ProcessBackendResponses_Ver_3>d__a.MoveNext() at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.GetNextResponseObject() at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.GetNextRowDescription() at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.NextResult() at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader..ctor(IEnumerable1 dataEnumeration, CommandBehavior behavior, NpgsqlCommand command, NotificationThreadBlock threadBlock, Boolean synchOnReadError)
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.GetReader(CommandBehavior cb)
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at History.CreateEvent(History history) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cruciblewds\web\App_Code\History.cs:line 44
    25/01/2017 14:31: Npgsql.NpgsqlException:
    date/time field value out of range: "01-25-17 2:31:34 PM"
    Severity: ERROR
    Code: 22008
    Hint: Perhaps you need a different "datestyle" setting.
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.<ProcessBackendResponses_Ver_3>d__a.MoveNext()
    at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.GetNextResponseObject()
    at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.GetNextRowDescription()
    at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.NextResult()
    at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader..ctor(IEnumerable1 dataEnumeration, CommandBehavior behavior, NpgsqlCommand command, NotificationThreadBlock threadBlock, Boolean synchOnReadError) at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.GetReader(CommandBehavior cb) at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at History.CreateEvent(History history) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cruciblewds\web\App_Code\History.cs:line 44 25/01/2017 14:39: Npgsql.NpgsqlException: date/time field value out of range: "01-25-17 2:39:28 PM" Severity: ERROR Code: 22008 Hint: Perhaps you need a different "datestyle" setting. at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.<ProcessBackendResponses_Ver_3>d__a.MoveNext() at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.GetNextResponseObject() at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.GetNextRowDescription() at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.NextResult() at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader..ctor(IEnumerable1 dataEnumeration, CommandBehavior behavior, NpgsqlCommand command, NotificationThreadBlock threadBlock, Boolean synchOnReadError)
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.GetReader(CommandBehavior cb)
    at Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at History.CreateEvent(History history) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cruciblewds\web\App_Code\History.cs:line 44[/code]

• This is a CWDS log? Was your old server CWDS and new CloneDeploy?

• Yeah the old server was CWDS and I used it again so I could just copy the settings and stuff. I didn't know how different CloneDeploy was so I didn't want to use it.

• The export process for CWDS is different. Tough to remember but you need to do a csv export of the images, and then do a csv import on the server. There is extra info stored in the database that is needed. That is not the case for CloneDeploy. You should think about upgrading but that would require you to make new images.

• So is there any way of using CWDS images on CloneDeploy if I were to upgrade?

• No, you would have to deploy the image with CWDS and then re-capture with CD.

• Right ok, I guess I will have to reinstall CD and start again.

Thanks for all of your help.