Help Offer

• Hi,

First of all thanks for all the work done. Your tool is already GREAT.
    I would be very pleased to provide any help if you need.

I'm French. (could be helpfull for translation)

I work with cloning software for years for exploitation or just testing purpose. (ImageCast, Ghost, Acronis, Altiris, Clonezilla, WDS etc.)
    I built some multicast tools in VB to deploy tools on desktop computers. (Not used anymore as there is so much more well built tools than mines)

I'm working everyday either on: Linux Server/Client, Windows Server/Client.
    I have some skills in:

-Routing
    -Switching
    -Firewalling
    (Cisco mainly, regarding the 3 previous categories)
    -PHP/MySQL
    -Some scripting tools (Bash/AutoIt/AutoHotKey etc.)

My skills are not as high as yours but I would be proud to bring my contribution to your project.

Cheers,

Franck

• Thank you for your kind offer and your help in the forums. I'm not looking to add much right now, there is still a lot of work to be done to get 1.3 completely stable, so that is my focus. Here is a list of things I am currently thinking about.

[i][b]Most pressing:[/b][/i]
    Continue fixing bugs in 1.3
    Finish all documentation
    A lot of testing needs to be done with clustering

[i][b]In the back of my mind:[/b][/i]
    secure boot pxe support
    offline imaging
    translation support

[i][b]Maybe someday, but probably not:[/b][/i]
    A client install to push software, gather inventory, etc.

Does any of that interest you?

• Hi,

To be honest your tool is already really complete.

Regarding:
    -bug fixing, it would be great as I would took advantage of it but I'm not sure I'm skilled enough. If you have a list I can look in it. Or I can at first track them for you.
    -Finishing the documentation, why not, but I discovered CloneDeploy few days ago, So my knowing of it
    is quite lite for now.
    -Cluster Testing. We have for now only one server, but may be I could put one of my trainees on it. For information Bug : clicking on Help inside cluster section give a Mono error.
    -Secure Boot, not yet tested even with WDS. Sorry.
    -Offline imaging, Do you mean like a liveboot?
    -Tanslation, The easiest, I could.

So tell me were to start.

• [quote]Cluster Testing. We have for now only one server, but may be I could put one of my trainees on it. For information Bug : clicking on Help inside cluster section give a Mono error.[/quote]

There are many pages like that, goes back to finishing the documentation.

Translations are tricky because I have to change much of the code to enable support for it, and then we need to do the translations.

I think probably the biggest help would be just to test as much as possible, even features you don't use. I know you said you are a new user but CloneDeploy 1.2 to 1.3 was a huge code rewrite and there are still many bugs. If you would like to do that it would be very helpful, but don't feel any pressure to do so.

Thanks again

• No Worries.

I'm very interrested by your work. I'll do as many test as I can and report all that went wrong.

See you soon.