Internal Server Error when opening webpage

• The install completed correctly but when I open up the webpage I am getting Http Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error. In the config error it reads "Configuration File is not well-formed XML". Looks like the issue is in the <connectionStrings> specifically line 8 where it adds the database name and passwords. I'm not going to post a screen shot for obvious reasons. But I've included the line with the password removed.

<add name="clonedeploy" connectionString="Server=127.0.0.1;Database=clonedeploy;Uid=root;Pwd=PasswordHere;" providerName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" />

Any help would be appreciated.

• It is probably a special character problem with the password. I wasn't aware it was an issue until recently it was brought to my attention.

• Ah, I do have special characters in the password. Is there a way for me to change the password without uninstalling and reinstalling??

• Open up heidisql, login with your password, select tools, user manager, change password for each root user listed.

• Ok that worked. How Do I change the DBEncryption key?

Thank you for the quick responses by the way.

• Just change it in the web.config. Since you haven't actually logged in yet, nothing would be affected by that key yet.

• I am in! Thank you!