Linux Will not boot

• I have tried messing around with the profile, but regardless of what I change I cannot get the system to boot.

Any ideas would be great.

Server - Ubuntu
    Clonedeploy version - 1.0.1p3

Trying to deploy a Dell M3800 running Ubuntu 14.04

Log is attached

• I see this is a File based image. File based images only worked for ntfs in CloneDeploy 1.0.1. This has been corrected for Linux using ext and xfs filesystems in CloneDeploy 1.1.0

• According to your log it looks like there is another bug I thought was fixed but appears is not. When the volume group name has a dash it causes problems.
    ubuntu-vg-root -> bad
    ubuntuVg-root -> good

• Running the update now. Working through what it looks like for Ubuntu. Right now when I update i can login but the screen is blank only showing the clonedeploy logout button in the top right hand corner.

• clear your browser cache or refresh

• That worked to correct my issue with the web site loading. I got everything working however when attempting to make a new image i get a permissions error.

• Here is what happened this time after the update. I think the issue is how the image was made and had to wipe and recreate things. Thats running again now, but here is what I have for now.

• Took a fresh image and tried to redeploy. Still no success

• [quote=416:@clonedeploy]According to your log it looks like there is another bug I thought was fixed but appears is not. When the volume group name has a dash it causes problems.
    ubuntu-vg-root -> bad
    ubuntuVg-root -> good[/quote]

I believe this is still your issue. This bug must have cropped back up somewhere along the way. Your volume group name cannot have a dash in it. You need to rename it or use a different name when installing. I'll try and get a patch for this soon.

• I have been looking into how to do this and wanted to see if you had a preferred way of handling this.

Right now my research does not seem to be putting me in the correct place to get this volume group changed. I think I would need to make changed on our source computer, take an image and redeploy.

But just looking for final verification.

• Yes it needs fixed on the original image. I have finished the patch and will be releasing it tonight if you want to wait

• I have released the patch to fix this.
    http://clonedeploy.org/patches/

• Just wanted to confirm that the patch worked for us.

• Mark as completed?