Help Installing Proxy DHCP on Win 7

• Hello I'm new to clonedeploy and am having issues setting up the proxy dhcp server. I've read the documentation but still need help. How exactly do I install the service? I've tried typing both "cd_proxd --install" and "cd_proxd.exe --install" in an administrative cmd prompt.
    This is the last thing that I need to set up for my Apple Netboot imaging environment.
    Installing on a win 7 machine
    .NET v4.0+

Thanks in advance!

• Are you in the correct directory when you run the command. If you are looking to use CloneDeploy to image mac's, I'd recommend you just quit now. Apple is making it difficult to use traditional monolithic imaging. They want everyone to use an installer based deployment. New macs don't even have the ability to netboot anymore. Because of the direction Apple is moving towards, I'll be removing mac support in the next release.

• @clonedeploy_admin Thanks for your insight. I see what you're saying. Currently I am trying to image a bunch of 10.13s for which I had to go through a few extra steps just to get the proper .nbi image. However I have 50+ 2015 macbooks to image so if I could do it just this once I would be grateful. Which directory should I be in to run the command? And is it "cd_proxd --install" or "cd_proxd.exe --install"

Thanks in advance!

• It's whatever directory you put the proxy application in when you downloaded it.

cd_proxyd.exe --install

• @clonedeploy_admin Thank you very much! Looking forward to getting this imaging out the way and we'll be on the look out for other solutions in the near future.
    I do have one last inquiry... Would you recommend putting the proxy on the same machine as the clonedeploy server w/o dhcp service? Or would it work smoother if I had dhcp on the clonedeploy server and the proxy on a different machine?

Thanks again for all your help!

• The proxy can go on any machine that doesn't have a dhcp server on it.