SYSPREP Windows 10 for domain deployment?

• Is it necessary to Sysprep on Windows 10 for deployment on a domain? I have been struggling to find the correct answer. I have looked over a couple of posts on the Acronis form that states that it's not necessary with Windows 10. I have also scoured the internet and found mixed opinions. I have always been used to running Ghostwlkr on a windows 7 image. I am trying to see if it's possible to change the SID as with Ghostwlkr while retaining the default user profile. If it is not advisable to forgo the Sysprep can you run Sysprep without Audit mode or OOBE? Like so: Sysprep /generalize /shutdown /unattend:unattend.xml. Or even if anyone can suggest another method.

• In my experience it's not necessary to sysprep, but i would definitely recommend it. I also believe SIDs are not an issue when joined to a domain. I've done it with both sysprep and without and never noticed an issue. Audit mode is not required, but I believe oobe is. As long as you setup your answer file properly, it will just go to the login screen after sysprep is done without the user needing to do anything.

• In our experience, AD still needs different SIDs to properly differentiate computers, especially if you have WSUS. Also, I've heard that some AV software (in our case McAfee) also needs different SIDs for computer profiles in it's server.
    So... yes. Especially with AD. Make proper installation with audit mode, cofigure it, sysprep it, make image.

• Thank you everyone. I ended up using SIDCHG to generate a new machine SID with windows 10. I haven't run into any problems yet. I will check back in to let you know how it goes over the long term.

• Just out of curiosity, are you running this on every machine after you image?

• @clonedeploy_admin
    Yes, I am. I would say it takes about 5-10 mins to complete.