Warnings during image deployment

• Hello everyone

I am having difficulties deploying my first image (windows10). After deployment is complete and "client" is rebooted I go into the boot menu and manually choose to boot from the disk (SSD) directly. However nothing happens, all I see is the underscore symbol flicking on the top left corner of the screen.

I then tried again with disabled "Legacy" and enabled "UEFI" (Windows Boot Manager), then rebooted "client" but it's complaining about not finding a boot device:

No bootable devices; Strike F1 to retry boot or F2 for setup utility. Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics.

There were some warnings during deployment which are shown below:

**Creating Active Task......Success

**Checking Current Queue.......Success

**Mounting SMB Share.....Connecting to WinDistPoint.....Success

**Looking For Hard Drives.......Found Hard drives.....Drive(s): /dev/sda

**Processing /dev/sda**

** Restoring MBR/GPT on /dev/sda **

Caution: invalid backup GPT header, but valid main header; regenerating backup header from main header.

Warning! Main and backup partition tables differ! Use the 'c' and 'e' options on the recovery & transformation menu to examine the two tables.

Warning! One or more CRC's don't match. You should repair the disk!

Partitions in the protective MBR are too big for the disk! Creating a fresh protective or hybrid MBR is recommended.

Warning! An error was reported when writing the partition table! This error MIGHT be harmless or the disk might be damaged! Checking it is advisable......Complete

Both disks {(the one I uploaded the image from and the one I am trying to deployment the image to) are brand new SSD disks (250GB) so I don't think they are faulty. Does anyone know why I can not boot from the newly deployed disk, please ?

Thank you.

• Can you attach the upload and deploy logs?

• Based on the partition layout. The image is for an EFI device. You need to pxe/usb boot in EFI mode in order for the image to capture correctly. The same goes for deploying. It needs to all match. I can see from this line you uploaded in legacy and not EFI

mount: mounting none on /sys/firmware/efi/efivars failed: No such file or directory

The other option, is in your image profile, deploy options, set the create partitions method to standard. This will let you deploy an image to any bios type, matching however it is booted.

• Thank you once again. I will try what you suggested and report back.

• Hi

I uploaded the image again this time using pxe/usb boot in EFI mode as suggested. The image was captured and uploaded under the name "test5". I did the same for deploying. Pxe/usb boot in EFI mode and chose task "deploy" and then the name of the image "test5". I noticed an error popped on the screen before the Clonedeploy menu appears.

The error was:

Could not open "EFI\BOOT\fallback.efi: 14"

After a few seconds the Menu screen popped up and I continued.

Please see Upload and deploy logs here:
    wintest1-onddeploy.txt test5-ondupload-t1.txt

My current settings on Images>test5>Profiles>default> Deploy Options are the default values:

Change Computer Name: Yes
    Don't Expand Volumes: No
    Update BCD: No
    Fix Bootloader: Yes
    Create Partitions Method: Dynamic
    Force Dynamic Partition For Exact Hdd Match: No
    Modify The Image Schema: No

After deployment was complete, I UEFI boot the machine chose "Windows Boot Manager" and nothing happens, all I can see is a black screen.😒

Any more suggestions, please?
    Thank you

• After deploy you are getting 2 windows boot managers, the old and the new. Your machine is probably still trying to boot from the old one. Can you try change the boot order in the bios to the other windows boot manager? Also, what version of CloneDeploy are you using, your imaging environment looks like it's 4 or 5 versions behind.

• @gavliari

I'm running version 1.3.0. The boot option on the client is set to UEFI. Here is a screenshot of the BIOS boot sequence:
    IMG_8704 (1).jpg

After deployment/reboot, I click F12 to bring up the boot menu.

This is what I see:
    IMG_8705 (3).jpg

There is only one "Windows Boot Manager".

• 1.3.0 is pretty old. I would recommend using 1.4.0, it's possible this issue was fixed in a newer version.

• Will do, thank you